Sunday, April 18, 2010

Good Morning, Good Evening, and Good Night

Where ever you are in the world reading this, greetings.
I've heard from many people that they got my latest update letter. If you are interested in getting the update letter, just give send me an e-mail at: hmupdate@gmail.com
or write me at:
Daryl Howard
64741 S. Victory Rd.
Sutton, AK 99674

So what has been going on here? A lot. With summer preparations in full swing, along with guest group responsibilities, life gets busy each day. A surprising two day snow fall added to the fun by giving us a 4 to 6 inches of wet/heavy snow.

This weekend has been a busy one for us interns. I spent Friday night in town with a friends band, helping them out with sales. Then was off to Kids Day in Anchorage. Six hours of balloon animals took a toll on my hands. But it was worth the pain at the end of the day. We served countless numbers of kids as they poured through the center in Anchorage.

This upcoming weekend holds one of the biggest challenges for the intern staff. We are in charge of creating and running a weekend program for 4th-6th graders. Honestly I feel unprepared at this time, but I know that God will give me the strength and confidence to make it through the weekend.

What is beyond next weekend... a downhill slope to summer. A few guest groups, then a quick turnover to 6th grade outdoor ed classes... then SUMMER TRAINING!

Well, there is much to say... but that would spoil my update letter. So, until the next time I post.

Grace and Peace to you,
Daryl J. Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment