Monday, June 25, 2012

THE HM UPDATE blog edition

Hello!
Wow, I'm so excited about what the future holds. God is doing amazing works through Victory and it's supporters. The next letter is coming out soon, but I felt I should share this ASAP.

OPPORTUNITY UPDATE
*SPOILER ALERT*
(This is going to be in the next newsletter)

     Well, it is official. From August 2nd - September 6th I'll be serving short-term at Victory Bible Camps & Conference Center. This was definitely an open door from God. After posting here and asking some individuals to pray with me, support started to come in. With support coming in, I started to get serious about looking at tickets. It was unnerving to see low prices ranging from $771-$940. Even with the support that was coming in, I had to lock in a ticket before the prices started going up. Times started to get desperate, and I was starting to doubt if this trip was going to happen. If you were to look on my Facebook wall on June 20th, you would have seen a post asking for prayer and a small miracle. Doubt about the trip had set in. Then God decided to show me that doubting is not an option when it comes to His work. When I checked the mail, there was a check with a gift, as well as a statement from Victory showing where my support sat at. I felt so silly doubting God on His plans and provision. But He wasn't done. On Thursday of last week, a ticket popped up on my search. It was only $691! Much cheaper than any other ticket that I had found. Everything else sat at $790 or higher. After a quick call to Victory, the ticket was purchased.
     So far most of the ticket is paid for. A little loan from my parents helped me lock in the ticket. Also, Victory is allowing me to use some of the support that has come in to help with the ticket as well. But there are still a few expenses that need to be taken care of before I leave. If you feel the Lord is leading you to give, why not. It doesn't take a dedicated monthly gift. So for those that can't do monthly can join for just this one-time trip if you feel led. If you have any interest, just e-mail me at hmupdate@gmail.com.


WHAT THIS TRIP ENTAILS
    This trip is going to be holding many opportunities. The main reason for this trip will be to work and run the state fair booth. But there is so much more that I would able to do when serving for a month. 


MAIN GOALS:
1. Successfully run the state fair booth
2. Connect people to the ministry of Victory and share God's love to them
3. Develop new promotional material for the camp
4. Develop and work on material for staff raising support
5. Make connections with churches in Alaska (maybe share at one or two)


     This trip is going to be amazing. Just the thought of going has re-energized me. It makes me want to push harder to get to Victory full-time. Pray that I'll be open to God's leading on the work that will be done, as well as seeking His direction on how to promote the camp. 

There will be more information on this trip soon, as well as some other postings soon.


FIN.

- Daryl J. Howard


No comments:

Post a Comment