Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Behind the Scenes

What you are going to see on this blog is hopefully going to be a good look at what is going on at Victory, as well as the work I am doing here at Victory. Behind the photos, videos, stories and of course the breath-taking scenery shots is a project of rebuilding and renewal. Upon returning to PA in order to raise support, I found myself creating bad habits and building upon ones already instilled in me. Then came the call to Alaska. Support isn't at 100% and I'm honestly insecure in my abilities. With coming to Alaska there is a joy of serving with amazing group of believers and reaching the people of Alaska, but there is also the newly formed struggle that will happen with finances as tight as they are. Over the next few months, I will face some of the hardest times of my life, and I welcome them. They say don't ask God for patience. I asked God to show me what it means to be a better steward of what He has given and will give, as well as what it means to rely on Him fully. What a reality as I had to leave a bunch of things in PA and my budget is completely shredded to a basic needs list, and I wonder how some needs will be met. But within this reality that would make people upset comes a peace knowing there is no escape from this, and it shall be met with welcoming open arms.

It's funny how sometimes we don't need to ask God for some nugget of truth or a reminder of His control. Most of the time we just need to open our eyes and become aware of what God is doing around us or saying each day. There is one particular verse that is underlined in my Bible. Not sure why it is underlined, but it is for a good reason. Before my trip this verse came up in devotionals. Lately it keeps popping up in letters, messages, cards, etc. So obviously, this verse is meant to be my motto as I go forward.


So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable.
Always work enthusiastically for the Lord,
for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.
- 1 Corinthians 15:58 (NLT)

As God sends me forward, no matter what happens, this time here in Alaska will not be useless, but a joyful offering to God.

Grace & Peace,
Daryl J. Howard



No comments:

Post a Comment