Thursday, October 29, 2015

Transitions

Greetings Everyone,

Alright, it's time to share it with all of you. Time has flown by so quickly, and I can't believe it is already here. Seems like just yesterday I had arrived in Alaska. But just like the transition that was made 18 months ago, it is time to make another transition. With respect to the supporters behind the work I'm doing, I made sure to get word to them first. But now it is your turn.

With coming to Victory, it was for an 18 month term. This was the amount of time one-time and monthly support would last me. It would also give me time to raise more support to continue on serving at Victory. As the months went on, I continue to serve and expand my service within the ministry. Support never really picked up. Transitions happened within the ministry. Job descriptions changed. Visions changed. Jobs changed. And God said it was time to move on.

The more I kept plugging into local ministries in town, the more I could see God strengthening gifts I had put aside. So, knowing my time at Victory was coming to a close, I committed to God my desires, passions and burdens... letting Him direct the next move. And did He answer.

So, this week I am frantically packing and trying to wrap up all the loose ends around Victory. By October 31st, I should be making the final move from Victory Bible Camps in Glacier View Alaska, to Wasilla Alaska, just 1 hour and 20 or so minutes away. Not far of a move compared to the last (4 1/2 days from PA to AK). In Wasilla I will be plugging into Church On The Rock more. Over the last year, I've been playing drums occasionally, but come November 1st, I'll be playing as much as I can (every Sunday I can). I've been asked to pray about plugging into different areas as well.

Personally, this next move is a bigger leap of faith than the move to Victory. I at least had a job and place lined up when I move from PA to AK. Now, there isn't a job or a firm place lined up. Everything I'm doing through COTR is volunteer. All I know is God has made an invitation and I am taking Him up on it. The more I moved toward it, the more the pieces have fallen into place via God's hand.

If you want to see some of what I'm up to, you can check out Church On The Rock during Sunday services at churchak.org. Other than that I'll post a little on Facebook. I'll be putting this blog on the back burner for awhile, unless there is some short term missions trip or work I'll do.

Continue to pray for me as I make this step. Pray that God open up employment and a place. I have a great peace about this move. I know God is involved in the whole thing. Thanks for all your prayers, support and interest over the years.

Grace & Peace,
Daryl J. Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment