Friday, June 5, 2009

The Final Countdown

Its about that time here. We realize that it is Friday, and "OH NO, CAMPERS COME MONDAY!" I look at my list of "To Dos" and notice that it hasn't shrunk as much as I wanted it to. With my puppet scripts written (soon to post an excerpt), I feel much better and relieved.
Ok, so I might not have explained the puppet dialogue I wrote. For each day that the Frontier (2nd-6th grade) Campers are here, I have a dialogue between a Narrator and a puppet named Link. During this dialogue, they share a Bible story that deals with connecting with God through Trusting, Obeying, Listening, and Praying. During the last day, we review the previous days and present the gospel. Ok, now back to what I was writing before.
With the scripts done, I just have to memorize them and get down the puppet voice. Then it is on to training the ministry team in skits, mimes, puppets and dramas. A lot of work to do in a few days. But I believe it can be done. I can't wait to see what God will do. The first week is going to be a little rough, but once we get into the groove of things and, the ministry becomes confortable with the material, we are going to have a great time.
For all of wondering... do they really go swimming up there? The answer is yes. I was going to go in with the ice still on the lake. A cold took that off the list of fun things to do. But today was the annual staff needs to take their swim test day. So, with little fear, and people on the dock shivering from the cold air, I bravely faced the water. It wasn't too bad. A little chilly, but good.

Prayer Requests:
-Chapel
-Setup and decorating - still to be done
-Ministry Team - learning teaching tools
-Staff - Preparation for camp
-Campers - Monday is the BIG DAY!

1 comment:

  1. You are a brave man, I think that I would have just failed the swim test!!

    Larry

    ReplyDelete