Friday, July 17, 2009

Good Morning, Good Evening and Good Night. Where ever you may be, greetings from Alaska. Another week is coming to a close here. This is week SIX! The biggest so far. Last week was all young campers. It was a refresher having older campers here. I missed doing my lesson on devotions and connecting with past campers. No words can explain the joy I feel when I get a chance to just chill with some campers and listen to anything they say. Since I'm not a counselor, it is rare for campers to come up to me. But knowing a bunch of campers from previous years and seeing a few from earlier in the year has been a good experience.
Next week is even bigger, and with two weeks left, it seems that everything is going by faster. Family camp is around the corner as well, and we don't know what to expect. Plans are always changing around here. There is much anticipation for different loved ones visiting (My mom on Monday, and other various parents and relatives visiting). And there is also a buzz over the newly created internship program here at Victory. More news on that to come.
Health here as been interesting. Injuries are a norm. But some weird cases have come up this summer. Just be praying for various staff that have left due to different medical reasons. I have also joined the injury list. My back has not been in the greatest of shape that last week. Monday's Frontier chapel greeted me with sharp back pain and difficulty in playing the drums. Even with the pain decreased, I still have issues with discomfort, pain, and decease in ability to play the drums at times. So, I gave in and I am getting my back fixed Monday. Since I have no insurance at this time, I am going on a prayer to a Christian Chiropractor. I'm more worried about my back and the issues that it is creating than the price. I'm sure God will work out some things.
Well, it is getting late here. Most of you are probably already asleep. So I wish you all well. More news to come on the events of tonight, my mom visiting, my back and much much more.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment