Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

Happy New Year everyone. I hope you all had a great time either visiting or sharing fellowship with friends or family. For those that stayed home by yourself wondering what to do, I've been there.

For New Years, my mother and I got a chance to drive down to Huntingdon, PA (outside Philadelphia) to spend time with my sister. New Years Eve was spent at Longwood Gardens in it's night time glory. It was a great weekend of meeting some new people, seeing some familiar faces, and getting plenty of time to think and talk with God.
As the clocked ticked down the final hours, and as people woke up the next day, some individuals set out or planned to do something different this year. I'm not sure how many people plan some sort of New Years resolution. Personally for me, I haven't really created one. I'm not the type to do so. But I did want to share some goals I have for this year.

Goal #1: Be bolder in my support raising.
- I have managed to talk with many people I am familiar with, and started branching out to individuals and churches that I don't know. But now I must venture out into a further unknown. For me, I am fairly shy, and I hate asking people for support. As I am going through the process of raising support, it is continually growing my faith, and making me rely on God, and not my own abilities.

Goal #2: Return to Alaska
- I have been told that I should just return to AK for a job or to set up a support base up there. For those that know me, I love Alaska. Being part of the work being done at Victory is a dream for me. But straying from what God wants me to do is not on the agenda. I could start a support base up there. And that will happen at another moment unfortunately. As of right now, my goal of returning to Alaska in March is looking bleaker every day. In reality, I'm not sure that I will be at 100% support by then. I do want to return before summer. Camp needs all the help it can get for the summer, plus it would allow me to get started on promotional material. But I know it is in God's hands, not mine.

Well, those are the two big goals of mine. There are a few other things that I want to accomplish. I intend on going through my two crates of notes from my first year in Bible school, as well as find some sort of job that doesn't take me away from support raising. 2011 was a challenging year. But I can't wait to see what God is going to do in 2012.

-Daryl

No comments:

Post a Comment