Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Reflection

Summer camp at Victory is right around the corner. Directors are finishing up schedules and curriculum for the anticipated arrival of summer staff. It feels weird not being back in Alaska for another summer. Usually I am in training or taking a little leave with some staff for a celebratory birthday mountain-high-brownie-pie at Glacier View. It's the simple things I miss. The views. The people. The ministry. The work. etc. etc. etc.

As I sweat it out here in the northeastern Pennsylvania heat, I can't help but be anxious for the time that God has planned for me to make the drive north to Alaska. But as reminded by Brian Headdings and Joel Ruisch, God has me here for a reason. I need to ask myself, "what is God teaching me?" There needs to be a constant conversation with God through prayer over what He wants me to do, and what He wants me to learn. ... I've been here for a year and a half, and I have learned a lot. God has been gracious in correcting me while I'm home, and not out serving.

So, instead of trying to go under the radar, only to have friends hunt down my birthday and go out for some mountain-high-brownie-pie, I'm going to take this May 29th to enjoy a nice dinner of wild caught Alaskan salmon, reflect on what God is trying to teach me while I am here, and have a conversation with Him.


I will climb up to my watchtower and stand at my guardpost. There I will wait to see what the Lord says and how he will answer my complaint.

Then the Lord said to me,
“Write my answer plainly on tablets, so that a runner can carry the correct message to others. This vision is for a future time. It describes the end, and it will be fulfilled. If it seems slow in coming, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed."
Habakkuk 2:1-3 (NLT)


Grace & Peace,
- Daryl J. Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment