Friday, May 31, 2013

New Looks

While producing this last newsletter, a few problems were encountered. The first being that of ink. With the large color photo header and other various colored photos that appear in different newsletters, ink seems to be running out much faster. Over the course of doing The HM Update, it has gone through it's phases. Ink doesn't seem to be getting any cheaper. So to save ink, there will be some changes to color.

The second problem is formatting. With a Mac, typically I use Pages to type and layout (amazing basic program from iLife). From there I print and export to PDF, which is then put online via Google Drive. In all of that, information seems to get distorted. With the resent requisition of Adobe CS6, this process will hopefully be streamlined.

My goal in changing up the print edition of the newsletter, is to experiment with design, layout, copy, etc. With doing PR for Victory, there will be many tasks. My goal is not to get stuck in a rut and reproduce the same thing over and over. I want to create something new and fresh, that solves problems that I am facing in producing the task. For example, the e-mail newsletter seemed to be missing something. It just didn't work for me. So, for those that get the e-mailed edition, they got to see a peek at an experiment with the new HTML formatted letter. This won't be how the print letter will look (as there is so much color to it). But for those staying with traditional post marked letters, I will be creating something special for you, to solve the problems I face, as well as freshen up the letter, and to stretch me abilities. Hope you will enjoy it in the future.

- Daryl

No comments:

Post a Comment