Tuesday, February 19, 2013

What Is Normal?

Yesterday I anxiously awaited the UPS man. Like clockwork, he usually pulls in at around 3:20-4pm. However, he came more than two hours early. There, in the box he made me sign for God's amazing tool and gift... my old Mac, repaired. After a little test run, everything looked and seemed to run fine. Spent part of yesterday doing some updates and test, and plan on doing some more today.

God has been gracious to me. During my time without this old Mac, God showed how much He has blessed me. Without this amazing piece of technology, support raising can be done... but it was hard. My work for camp became extremely difficult. Getting information out was like trying to tame the cowlicks in my hair. Streaming my favorite TV shows became next to impossible. It also gave me more time to focus on God and see what He was trying to teach me. Life, though tough in my eyes, became much simpler in many ways. Now that I am reconnected to my work and technology, there is a lot to be done in the coming days. Drafts for the next HM Update need to be typed, and other work needs to be taken care of. I can't say everything is back to normal. Because nothing seems normal anymore in life. God is always directing, teaching and showing. For me, it took God taking away my means of "everything" (so I thought) to give me a abrupt sense of redirection and gentle nudge to say, "Hey, everything is under control. I need to you to listen and spend more time with Me. Wait till you see what I have planned next for you."


- Daryl J. Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment