Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Business/Support Cards

Last week I spent a good portion of a day just messing with Photoshop and concepts on how I wanted my lil' card to look. All these ideas flowed through my head. I talked to some friends (mostly those with design experience) and my mom about some concepts and was set on one. All seemed great. I took my own photos, got to work and spent half the day to create something so cheesy, I couldn't help but laugh at myself. Then I prayed (like I always should before a project). It was at this point that God put something into my head. I went back tot he drawing boards and started sketching and writing. That night I reshot my photos (40+), sketched a mountain, and got to work. The next day no one was home... which meant a quiet house and no distractions. I cranked up the music and went to work. Later that night I sent proofs to friends, and printed a test. I was shocked at what God had directed me to make. The card was sent to the printers with anticipation. UPS's tracking was checked frequently. Then there was the watching of the mailbox. As I cut open the box today, there was this sense of fear. "What if I missed something?" "What if they printed wrong?" So much fear. Then God gave a peace before I looked at them. I was like a kid that just got a new toy. WOW! I was speechless. This was truly a project from God.

Can't wait to have these in your hands, on your fridges, in your wallets, on your desk, and/or tacked on your dart board in the near future.

Thanks to all of those that gave suggestions. Your input was greatly appreciated.

Grace and Peace,
Daryl

No comments:

Post a Comment